Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Divinity, Part Two

I burned out my hand mixer. I didn't like it anyway, I wanted to buy a new one. If I ever get rich, I will buy a Kitchen Aid stand mixer. I beat the last bit by hand and folded in the walnuts. I spread it in a pan. The results:


I think it will set up. This is the stiffest I ever got it (hurr, hurr). I don't know if it will be the right texture. To be honest with you, I'm not sure I will remember what my grandmother's divinity was like. But it's tradition, and I like traditions.





5 comments:

  1. Success! I hope.
    rose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, kinda. It eventually set up enough to hold its shape when cut, but it was a little too soft to be actual divinity. It was more on the nougat side. My aunts really liked it though. I swore this was the last time I'd attempt it, but I'll probably try again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, nougat... Especially soft nougat...

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm, divinity. I used to make it too, haven't attempted it since I burnt up an old stand mixer of my Mothers. Funny story, this mixer was like the leg lamp on A Christmas Story, my parents won it in 1959, when they were contestants on Truth or Consequences *remember that show? With Bob Barker* well, my mother didn't really cook, so this was something that was a great treasure, polished weekly for sure. Well you can imagine what happened to me when I burnt that sucker up...... hehehe. It looks like you have mastered the divinity Sue, I must try this, thanks for the recipe and the memories ♥

    ReplyDelete